Writing For The Web & The Short Film – 4-Hour Intensive Workshop
With Pippa Hinchley
Thursday, September 12th, 2013
DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLY TO YOU?
==> Are you an actor who wants to write?
==> A writer who wants to write for the screen?
==> Have you got a half finished project sitting on a shelf?
==> Do you want to make your own new media project?
==> Want to get material for a reel or to get into SAG, but need the right script to shoot?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the questions above – this is class is for you. Taking this course will give you tools and techniques to complete a webisode or short film script. The class is suitable for beginning writers, writers from another medium, as well as those with some training and/or completed scripts. Bring laptops and/or notebooks! There will be several handouts, info sheets, and other materials to take home. Topics will include:
•Ideas and where they come from – how to tell if it’s a good one and how to brainstorm it effectively. Will use examples from class.
•Knowing your audience. The difference between a webisode, a short film, and longer pieces. What is it? How long should it be?
•Analysis of an award winning short film and a successful web series.
•The Script – the key principles of ANY screenwriting with writing exercises to demonstrate the workings of STORY, CHARACTER, PLOT, STRUCTURE, GENRE, TONE, and THEME – and how they are all essential elements to address in your script.
•Getting it made – Do It Yourself – Making it interactive (web) – Going for festivals (short film) – and loads of Q&A throughout!
SIGN-UP TODAY – ONE NIGHT ONLY – DON’T MISS OUT!
Taught by PIPPA HINCHLEY
– Screenwriting Lecturer at Birkbeck College, University Of London and graduate of the London College Of Printing’s MA Screenwriting program – one of the 5 accredited UK Screen Academies.
– One of only 12 writers selected across Europe for the prestigious European Screenwriting program, North By Northwest.
– Selected for the Rutger Hauer Film Factory at Rotterdam Film Festival and graduate of the Berlin Film Festival’s Talent Campus.
– Writer of short film, BREAKING OUT, backed by the British Film Institute and one of only 7 films from around the world selected for competition in Cannes, winner of Best European Short in Angers, and screened in over 20 international film festivals.
– Writer of 2 seasons of SOFIA’S DIARY – the hit UK teen drama that was the first web series to ever transfer directly onto terrestrial network TV.
– Credits include multiple short films; TV drama, TV sketch comedy, as well as theatre. Pippa has been commissioned by Hallmark, Sony, Bebo, BBC, Channel 4, Channel 5, Sky TV, RADA, Warner Bros., Curious Pictures, Red Productions, and many other independent production companies either as a writer, script consultant, or re-writer.
Call (323) 988-1175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.